- In Certain Dark Things (Jo Fletcher, 16.99) she reworks the vampire romance as a sleek and brutal noir thriller set in Mexico City.
- Moreno-Garcias critical perspective on romance narratives and her love of noir keep the story balanced on a knife edge between hope and horror.
- The fantasy of quick and easy transfer of mind/soul/personality into other bodies is a staple of science fiction.
- These examples of science fiction realism include self-driving cars, quantum computing, virtual reality, robots and software.
- The tone throughout is positive, even utopian, but when it comes to the inevitable losses of millions of jobs, not even science fiction can provide a map for a social transition to prioritise human need over greed.
Any and all things scifi book related
Rules:Be civil.Don't be a dick or a bigot. If you see uncivil behavior, downvote, report, and move on.No self-promotion.Hop over to /z/self_promotion to post your book releases and other projects.Be carefull with spoilers.Be courteous when it comes to posting content containing spoilers, not everyone has seen the latest new releases yet.